Search This Blog

Thursday 18 August 2016

Olympics and goals
by Kyn

The olympics is well underway, Years in training and moments to shine. The competition is fierce and the pressure intense. The smallest mistake will be heavily punished. To the victor goes the spoils. To us the viewers we only see the athletes performing when it matters but not all the preparation and training,

I love the olympics especially the 800m, badminton and shot put - all events I had some competency at. But whatever the event the spirit of the games is there, It brings together so many countries and peoples. (The best of that country. Its amazing how many shared interests people share. How much pride and belief each person and their couches have.)

On a personal level when I see something done at a high level I push myself harder. It makes me know that I can dig deeper, find the reserves that have been hidden within and my work, exercise and play improves,

To train in our own ways, to improve in our own ways, to practise, feel and focus as our athletes do. There is surely little we can do when we believe and keep working along the same lines.

What are your goals? Have you put all your efforts into making them happen or just a part time effort?






No comments:

Post a Comment