Search This Blog

Saturday 22 February 2014

Top 10 Weight Loss Excuses and How to Beat Them

by Chris Powell






If there's an excuse out there, I've heard it. Here's a few that I hear all of the time:
1. I don't have time.
2. I can't afford to eat healthy or go to the gym.
3. It is too hard.
4. It is uncomfortable.
5. I love to eat.
6. I don't know what to do or where to start.
7. I don't have the willpower.
8. I don't have support from friends or family.
9. I have a medical condition (thyroid, disabled, food intolerance, and many more).
10. I have an injury to my (select all that apply) neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist, back, hips, knee, ankle, and/or baby toe.
There are a lot more, but you get the point. I'm here to tell you that not one, NOT ONE of these excuses has any power to stop your transformation. Each and every one of them can be overcome. Will some of them be difficult? You bet. But it can be done. For every excuse I have an answer. But it doesn't matter if I have the answer because, you have to believe it in your heart and be willing to let go of the excuses that only foster fear and failure. Are you ready to let go? Let's do this!
1. I Don't Have Time
You'll never find the time, so you must CREATE the time. Wake up earlier (I know you're tired -- so am I in the mornings). Give up something that sucks your time (like TV or computer). As soon as you create the time to exercise you'll feel better, experience increased energy, and have more endurance. You'll be amazed the time you can create with increased energy!

2. I Can't Afford To Eat Healthy Or Go To The Gym
This is real. The numbers just don't work. I get it; however, I won't accept it. I have good news for you: You don't need to spend one dime on exercise equipment. Your home is filled with tools you can use. Things like canned goods or a gallon of water can be used as weights. Also, you have a body! Use it!

Now, what about healthy food being so expensive? Look at what you're spending now. Things like soda, candy, chips, cookies, ice cream, and baked goods are expensive too. Did you know that produce is cheaper than ANY other food per serving? Did you know that healthy, lean protein sources like whey and eggs cost just pennies per serving? Eating healthy can actually be much more affordable than your current lifestyle! NOTE: Considering the long-term cost of heart disease, diabetes, stroke and cancer... you can't afford NOT to live a healthy lifestyle.
3. It's Too Hard
Isn't being overweight hard, too? It takes a toll on you physically, emotionally, financially, and spiritually every day. I know it does. Life is hard. Everyone's is. You've just got to choose which hard you want... obesity or transformation.

4. It Is Uncomfortable
Yep. But you are stronger than you think, and you can take more than you think. Believe it. Your life will change when you become comfortable with being uncomfortable.

5. I Love To Eat
So do I! I eat five times a day. If you want to lose weight you MUST EAT! And who says you can't eat the foods you like? The trick is all in timing, portioning, and combining.


6. I Don't Know Where To Start
Start with getting the right foods into your house and the wrong foods out. Next, just put your body in motion -- have fun and move!


7. I Don't Have The Willpower
Want to bet? Losing weight is less about willpower and more about keeping promises to yourself, trying new things, and having faith in the journey.


8. I Don't Have Support From Friends Or Family
Believe it or not, most people don't have the support from family or friends that they want or need. Find someone who will support you, like an online buddy, a friend from the gym, or someone from your church. And don't forget: You've always got me!


9. I Have A Medical Condition
Okay, I'll admit this can be a challenge depending on your situation. Talk to your doctor first, but chances are there is SOMETHING you can still do to get healthy... and I'm sure your doc will jump on board with this goa. Notice that as your health improves, many of your medical conditions will likely disappear.



10. I Have An Injury
Your body is stronger than you think. With the help of your doctor or a physical therapist you can learn just how far you can push your body. Can't use your lower body? Use your upper body. Can't use your upper body? Use your lower body. If you want it bad enough, you will stay flexible and work around any injury. As you get stronger the injury will become less of an issue. Our bodies are amazing machines. They heal. They strengthen. They succeed.

Now, stop thinking about that one excuse that is unique to you that I have not listed and get over it. You can do this. You are stronger than you think. You have the power to transform your life. No one can do it for you. I can't wait for you to learn this for yourself! Believe. Just believe. Ready? Set? Go!





























































































No comments:

Post a Comment