Search This Blog

Sunday 28 July 2013

12 Ways to get motivated to lose weight

1. Keep on saying "So That"

Ask yourself "Why do I want to lose weight" and after you come up with a reason why… Just keep on saying SO THAT.
For example - Why Do you want to lose weight…
  • I want to lose weight to look better SO THAT…
  • I can feel more confident about myself SO THAT…
  • I can be the best looking person at my high school reunion SO THAT…
  • I can see the surprised looks on the faces of my classmates SO THAT…
  • I may be able to go on a date with the person I had a crush on in high school
Can you see what's happening here?
The more times you say SO THAT = the more and more motivated you'll become to lose weight.
2. Play the "If I Do" and the "If I don't game"
To Play the "If I Do" and the "If I don't game" …
You're going to take 2 sheets of paper and on the top of 1 sheet of paper you're going to write…
"These are all the GOOD things that will start happening to me tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, or even 2,5, or 10 years from now IF I DO Take action now to lose weight" and…
Then you'll fill up that sheet with every single GOOD thing you can imagine that will happen in the near & distant future If You DO take action now to lose weight so for example - you'll probably write things like…
  • I'll be proud of myself for at least trying to lose weight…
  • I will see that I've lost 2+ pounds by the end of the week…
  • In a month other people will begin to ask me if I've been losing weight…
  • In 2-to-5 months other people will tell me how much better I look…
  • I can eat anything I want and not worry about getting fat…
  • I'll be shopping for that new dress that'll accentuate my new hourglass figure…
  • I'll be on TV talking about my amazing body transformation…
  • I'll be confident in myself and feel like I can do anything…
  • I'll be able to play with my kids without passing out…
  • I'll inspire other people to lose lots of weight like I did…
  • Next year I'll be helping other people lose weight so they can look like me…
  • My sex life will be re-ignited with my partner or…
  • In 1-to-2 years I'll be physically attractive (and irresistible) to any man or woman and…
On the top of the other sheet of paper - you'll write…
"These are all the bad things that will start happening to me tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, or even 2,5, or 10 years from now IF I DON'T Take action now to lose weight" and…
Then you'll fill up that sheet with every single BAD thing you can imagine that will happen in the near & distant future If You DON'T take action now to lose weight so for example - you'll probably write things like
  • I'll be depressed again for not even trying to lose weight…
  • My husband or wife will leave me…
  • I'll still be wearing all black clothes to make me look thin…
  • I'll still be scared to go out in public because of my weight…
  • My own kids will laugh at me and keep calling me fat…
  • Other people will call me fat behind my back…
  • I may die in 2, 5, or 10 years because of my weight….
  • Hardly no man or woman will ever find me physically attractive and…
Once you have filled out your IF I DO & If I DON'T sheets…
You want read these sheets every 3-to-5 days but… Every time you feel like giving up on your weight loss goals or dreams to Look Good Naked – Just take 10 minutes and read your IF I DO & If I DON'T sheets and I guarantee you…
  • You'll be super motivated once again to lose weight and…
  • You WILL NOT think about quitting until you've reached your weight loss goal and…
  • You’ll most certainly find a way to lose weight no matter what! so…
STOP & take at least 30 minutes to fill up those sheets.
3. Make a bet with yourself
You can make a bet with yourself or other people to GUARANTEE that you will lose weight & Look Good nakedand…
Here's some examples of bets you can make to make sure you will REALLY want to lose weight or else!…
  • Go to your next door neighbor and tell him you will give him $5000 dollars if you don't lose 50 pounds in 10 months (Let your neighbor hold onto the money until the deadline) or…
  • Go to your job and tell everyone you work with that you will eat a HUGE can of DOG Food in front of everyone if you don't lose 10 pounds before a certain event and…
The more extreme the bet is or the more you have to lose = the greater chance you'll actually reach your weight loss goal and think about like this…
If there was a chance you could lose your house, your car and all your money if you did not lose 50 pounds in 10 months (which is a reasonable amount of time) then you'll probably end up losing 50 pounds in 7 months or less!
4. Make excuses to win & Don't make excuses to lose
STOP making lame excuses NOT to lose weight like…
  • "I don't have time to lose weight" or…
  • "I hate the way these weight loss foods taste" or…
  • "I can't workout cause I get sweaty" because…
It's easy to make excuses to lose and be a loser (and a loser is someone who doesn’t even try) but…
It's also easy to make excuses to win and be a winner and a winner is someone who gets off their ass and gives at least 1% so for example…
  • If you don't have time – make time! because…
  • You always do a good job of making time to watch LOST,American Idol, Dancing with the stars or whatever TV show you waste your time on so…
  • Stop watching TV for a while (you can record your TV shows to watch later), get off the internet or whatever else takes away from your time to make you Lose weight and look good naked and…
Use that time to Look Good Naked and…
Even if you are a single parent with 8 kids and 3 jobs - That is sill not an excuse to give up and be a loser because…
I got a weight loss plan here and a quick 10 minute fat loss workout here you can still use to lose weight and If you still don't feel like working out or if have any other excuses…
Look at Tips #1 & #2 again and…
5. Let nothing stop You From losing weight!
What's stopping YOU right now at this very moment from losing weight and looking the best you can?
Write down everything that's stopping you from reaching your weight loss goals and then beside each thing that's stopping you… Make a plan to eliminate the problem so For example…
  • You may write down "I don't have time to lose weight" and a solution to that problem would be just to make time by spending 30 minutes exercising instead of watching TV or…
  • You can exercise for 30 minutes while watching TV or…
  • You may write down "I eat too much & can't control my cravings" and a solution to that would be for you to read "11 ways to curb cravings" but…
DON'T EVER falsely believe that your genetics are keeping you from losing weight
Write down whatever's stopping you from losing weight and then STOP IT before it makes you even fatter and…
The only reason why you shouldn't lose weight is because you simply don't want to lose weight.
6. Set deadlines and then reward yourself
For example… If your big weight loss goal is to lose 100 pounds in 10 months… Then you can set 10 deadlines where you have to lose 10 pounds every month for the next 10 months so…
Let's say on the way to your big goal to lose 100 pounds in 10 months you actual lose 12 pounds in your 1st month… You can reward yourself by buying yourself a new dress or going out to a movie and please… DO NOT reward yourself by sabotaging your weight loss plan or diet by eating stuff that's going to put weight back on and remember this…
The greater the reward is you have planned for yourself the higher your motivation will be to lose weight
7. Set deadlines and then punish yourself
If you don't meet your deadlines you have to punish yourself - so for example…
Let's say you miss your deadline to lose 10 pounds a month by losing only 9 pounds… You have to punish yourself by not watching TV for a week or by not going shopping for a month and…
Along with the reward (see motivation tip #6 above) and the punishment for meeting and not meeting your deadlines…
You can be sure you'll stay highly motivated to lose weight or whatever else you set your mind to.
8. Post a Picture Everywhere
Post a picture of what you want to look like after you lose weight everywhere you can so If you were skinny in high school… Post your old high school pictures everywhere and if you always had a weight problem or if you don't have any pictures then…
9. Get a magazine and…
  1. Look at the sexy body of the person on the cover.
  2. Get a picture of yourself and cut out just the face and make sure you're smiling in the picture.
  3. Take your smiling face & place it over the face of the person on the cover.
  4. Then I want you to do something crazy.
  5. Show the magazine cover to everyone you know & tthis is how you will lookell them this is how you're going to look real soon.
  6. If you're real crazy… Tell the person you have a crush on… This is what they'll miss out on in the future if they don't start going out with you now.
  7. And if anyone gives you that Yeah Right Look when you tell them… Use that as extra motivation to prove them wrong.
  8. Make copies of the magazine cover and post it everywhere in your house and make a special note under it saying…
"I will get a sexy body just like this cover model and when I do… I will laugh in the surprised faces of all the people who said I could never look like This"
10. Hang out with skinny people
There's a saying that goes like this… "If you hang out with 9 broke people -- You'll probably end up being the 10th broke person but…
If you hang out with 9 rich people -- you'll probably end up being the 10th rich person and the same goes true for losing weight.
Hang out with just skinny people and you'll pick up on their habits for staying slim.  You don't have to dump all of your overweight friends - you just shouldn't let their bad habits influence you.
11. Talk to your future self
Imagine how good you'll look in the next 1-to-6 months from now with all the good things that will happen to you from #1 & #2 above and Every time you feel like cheating on your diet, not working out or just giving up…
STOP & Ask your future self what he or she did to look good naked and I bet you they'll tell you…
  • "It was many times when I felt like giving up but I didn't because I knew eventually I would look good naked" and they'll say…
  • "Even though I cheated sometimes - I didn't let those bad foods crush my dreams" and they'll say…
  • "Even though I hated working out - I hated this ugly fat even more" and…
If that doesn't work…
Imagine your future self out on a date with that man or woman you always wanted to be with and ask them those same questions and…
If that doesn't work…
Go back to #1 & #2 and imagine any other favorable situation where your future self can help you give 100% & never give up until you Look Good Naked and get all the good things from #1 &#2 above.
12.  Remember the CBA's
  • CONCEIVE YOURSELF LOSING WEIGHT…
  • BELIEVE YOU CAN LOSE WEIGHT AND…
  • ACHIEVE THE GOAL OF LOSING WEIGHT .
"If you believe you can, you probably can. If you believe you won't, you most assuredly won't. Belief is the ignition switch that gets you off the launching pad." --Denis Waitley
"People are not lazy. They simply have impotent goals / that is, goals that do not inspire them." -Anthony Robbins-

No comments:

Post a Comment